1. What first got you interested in music and creating music?
My very first musical influences were the TV shows I grew up watching: Victorious, Big Time Rush, and iCarly. I’ve always loved singing along with my favorite songs and would write my own lyrics about random occurrences in my life! I always knew that I wanted to release my own music.
2. What artists or bands have influenced your music so far?
I’m influenced by all of the musical artists that I listen to including Conan Gray, Tate Mcrae, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, and Gracie Abrams.
3. Your debut Album is coming out soon! What was your experience like regarding recording “Between The Lines” in the midst of a pandemic?
It was definitely a unique experience! But while songwriting sessions, voice lessons, and meetings were all virtual, I still feel I was able to fully connect with my collaborators and create the most meaningful body of work I’ve ever made.
4. What was the inspiration for the title of the album?
As the name suggests, the album takes a deep look at all of the underlying emotions and thoughts found “between the lines.” It focuses on all things unwritten, subliminal, and secret. The songs are all about complicated relationships with people, whether that be a satirical critique of the nature of fame, a self-reflection, or a heartfelt message to a lost friend. I worked with 7 incredible music producers to create these 12 tracks and I’m so excited for everyone to hear!
5. Do you have a favorite track off of “Between The Lines” that you feel particularly passionate about right now?
I’m so incredibly proud of every song on the album! But, the very last song that I wrote for the album was Doppelgänger and it’ll always have a special place in my heart. I got the idea while doing my skincare routine and as soon as I thought of it, I knew that it had to be on the album and I knew that it was the last one that I wanted to add.
7. You worked with many people from across the globe on this album, who would you most like to collaborate or work with in the future?
My favorite singer, Conan Gray, would definitely be my dream collaboration! I love his style of music and the specificity of his lyrics so working together would be unbelievable.
8. Can fans look forward to any music videos in association with the album?
Definitely! Music video release date to be announced soon…
9. Will you be doing anything special to celebrate the release of this project?
Yes! I’m planning on doing a fairly small party with some friends. I’m excited to celebrate with the people who have continuously supported me :))
10. What are your future goals with music?
I want to expand my audience, release more music while continuing to build my discography with songs I love, and perform live more often!
11. Please share where fans can listen to your album.
The album will be available on all streaming outlets! This includes Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, YouTube Music, and wherever else you listen to music!
12. Please tell us a little bit about your philanthropy work, we see you are passionate about animals.
Charity is very very important to me. I work with organizations like Farm Sanctuary, the Factory Farming Awareness Coalition, and the Raven Corps to advocate for a sustainable food system and an end to factory farming. I’m also the president of my school’s club that works with St. Jude and Children’s Hospital Los Angeles to brighten the lives of terminally ill patients. Another cause I’m passionate about is education and, during the COVID-19 lockdown, I cofounded a virtual tutoring organization that helped bridge the gap in learning.
13. Anything else you would like to share with us?
Keep following your goals! Perseverance is the key to success 🙂